Sunday, September 5, 2010

Crazy 8

I know, I know, I pretty much up and vanished from the blog world. I eliminated many "want to dos" from my to-do list and chose to concentrate on the "have to dos". Having 4 kids will do that to you. I mean, every mother of 4 knows that there are 4 unwritten "to dos" at the top of her list by default each morning. Mine happen to be named: Jacob, Kaylee, Landon and Max. If Landon's name were actually written down, it would be in all CAPITAL letters because he currently seems to be the one most of my energy is spent on and is probably the reason blogging has ceased as I once knew it.

I do have a handful of posts started, all saved in "draft" form, waiting for that little bit of extra inspiration needed to wrap them all up with a pretty bow. You know me and my need for "nice and tidy." As I sat down today to start where I left off about 6 months ago (with the exception of one mandatory "oh by-the-way I had a baby post" & one other "if I don't post something people will know I've surely gone crazy" post), my mind began to wander and it hit me that this past month marks 8 years in Washington! And, what a CrAaaaazy awesome 8 years it has been.


Eight years ago...

Since that photo was taken: Two houses, 2 Disneyland trips, 3 more children, 2 years of grad school (for Josh), 9 church callings, 1 new website business, 4 Kauai trips, 1 new car, 1 broken arm, 2 NY trips, 1 ankle surgery, 4 years of preschool carpool, 1 European adventure, 4 sibling weddings, 1 knee surgery, 1 Vietnam study abroad, the passing of 3 wonderful grandparents, lots of trips to Utah & the birth of too many cousins to count....plus a million other things I'm too tired to think about at the moment.

Here's our crazy crew, 8 years later. And yes...I realize I need to update our blog heading to include Max. Someday....

Here's hoping for another wonderful 8 years!

3 comments:

Outnumbered Three To One said...

Cute family picture, Jen!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

Love it. Yay for 8 wonderful years! I can't believe it's been so long!

Disco Mom said...

Whoa. Jen, you are amazing and you look EXACLTY the same in those pictures. And frankly, same as you did in 1993. Lucky, lucky! You all look so happy and hey, you are doing it right. The kids come first. The blog will always be there but the kids need you each day. Congratulations on everything.