Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Spending to Save...

So I'm not sure if I'm alone in this, but this week as I've continued with my bargain & coupon craze, my husband has issued a lot of "just don't go overboard on the buying" statements as he's seen me come in with bag after bag after bag (after bag after bag...) and figures I couldn't possibly have gotten THAT good of a deal on ALL of this stuff. I know ultimately he trusts me (after all, I am in charge of the household finances), but I have taken it upon myself to truly convince him of my wise spending by showing him how much I've saved & projecting the future & telling him how buying all of these items now, while they are dirt cheap will save us so much money in the long run because we won't run out & have to buy the item at full price. I think he's starting to appreciate my craziness. Here are two examples of my latest shopping trips.

First, "Christmas in July: Part 2". I made another trip to Kmart's amazing clearance on top of clearance toy sale. Once again, I combined the already low prices with additional $5 off $20 toy purchase coupons I printed from home. For about $50, I got everything pictured below. It's well over $400 worth of toys. To give you an idea, just the Baby Alive alone retailed for $59.99. I got my entire cart load for less than just that one toy retail.




Second, Albertsons. I was able to purchase everything pictured (including two gallons of milk) for $55.xx, plus received a free Redbox rental, $2 coupon off my next store purchase & purchased 10 qualifying products for the Kellogg's $10"Fuel for School" promotion featured here. Many people wonder how I am able to save 2x what I spend on groceries. My secret is using manufacturer coupons found in Sunday's paper (I only buy one...but imagine your savings if you picked up extra copies), mailbox mailers, in-store coupon machines & also printable coupons found online & combining them with store sales, store coupons & additional promos and rebates. If you are interested in some of my online coupon sources, leave me a comment & I'll do a future post about my online couponing sources.



6 comments:

Tasha said...

SWEET JEN!

Tasha said...

Yes, please put your links up:)

Amy said...

nicely done :)

was the Kmart trip today?? which one? maybe i need to go back

Anonymous said...

I'm with you sister!!! Why pay full price later? That's a sweet deal on the toys. I should have gone, but just didn't get to it. Target also has some great after Christmas toy clearance sales. My friend got one of those bouncy toys for babies, normally 50$ for 3$!!!! Plus some other fabulous toy deals.... Too bad they don't have this kind of sale on Nintendo DS!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Anonymous was me, Jenny Proctor

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

this is just crazy!!