Friday, July 10, 2009

Christmas in July!!!

So, not only am I crazy for coupons, I'm now officially addicted to finding incredible deals. In my previous post, I referred you to www.thebargainjargon.com where I spend a few minutes every day checking out ways to stretch my dollar. Well, one of the deals she highlighted was in regards to a K-Mart toy clearance sale. K-Mart periodically marks down select toys, but this week, in addition to the current clearance prices, you get to take an additional 50% off . The deal is made even sweeter if you go here and print off the $5 off a $20 purchase coupons. I printed off 5 and used them all! (Note: I had to do 5 separate transactions in order to use each coupon.) For a little less than a $100 (including tax), this is what I came away with:


  • Transformer Animated Roll Out Command Optimus Prime (retail $55.99)
  • PlaysKool Easy Dunk Basketball (retail $14.99)
  • Vtech V.Smile Art Studio (retail $29.99)
  • The Amazing Spiderman Swing N' Sling Guitar (retail $29.99)
  • Mega Bloks Legends King Arthur set (retail $39.99)
  • Bella Dancerella Swan Lake Home Ballet Studio (retail $29.99)
  • Fisher-Price GeoTrax takes to the Skies (retail $24.99)
  • Barbie Gymnastic Divas Styling Head (retail $14.99)
  • Star Wars "Clone Tuber" Mr Potato Head (retail $11.99)
  • Girltech Video Journal w/ Camera (retail $29.99)
  • Disney Princess Enchanted Electronic Activity Magical Pal (retail $11.49)
  • Milton Bradley "LuckyDucks" motorized matching game (retail $23.99)
  • 2- LeapFrog I Spy Imagine That Activity Storybooks (retail $13.99 each)
  • Color Screen Uno Electronic hand held game (retail $24.99)

Total Retail Value: $361.35 (pre-tax)

My total out-of-pocket: $87.50 (pre-tax)

My total out-of-pocket including tax: $95.64

Pretty Amazing! I will use some of the toys as birthday gifts & save most of them for Christmas presents for my kids.

2 comments:

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

OMG all of that for under 100$??! That is INSANE! I cannot believe that! NICE work Jen! I am sure Josh is so impressed with your skills!

Vivian said...

This is so awesome!! I'll be spending my Saturday checking out the Kmarts nearby. What perfect christmas & birthday gifts.

Also, I will rethink getting back on facebook to share the deals.

Thanks for sharing!