Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hair Today...Gone Tomorrow



Who is this "great hairdini"? We almost forgot what he looks like, it's been so long since we've seen him. (Not anybody's fault, lol.)


Our celebrity of a brother/brother-in-law, Ammon (check out this link to one of the magazines he's been featured in recently: http://au-beauty.glam.com/articles/detail/ammon_carver/ ) whom we have not seen in 2 years (Mari's wedding)made a whirlwind visit this past weekend for a hair show as part of the Matrix design team. He flew in Friday, but was booked for the show through Sunday afternoon. We felt so fortunate that he was able to extend his trip for one extra day to come and spend time with us at our home.



Our kids talked about nothing else for days leading up to Ammon's arrival. "When is Daddy's brother coming?" "Is today the day that Uncle Ammon is coming?"



And let me tell you...Ammon did not disappoint. Our kids received so much one-on-one special attention from Ammon. He spoiled them with presents (totally unnecessarily) which couldn't have been more perfectly picked, even by us. Jacob has played with his Star Wars legos every day. Kaylee proudly wears her Hello Kitty purse daily, being careful to know where all of the accompanying accessories are.

We had fun playing Guitar Hero and watching movies, eating ice cream and cookies and basking in the coolness that is Ammon! We enjoyed catching up on the past 2 years Ammon and hope you'll come again soon! Next time, plan to stay a little longer.

6 comments:

Shells said...

Does he inspire you to want to do something crazy with your hair? Short, red hair anyone???

Anonymous said...

Ok so I'm sure this is tacky but he's beautiful! Don't tell anyone I said that!

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

SOOOO CUTE! I am so jealous!!! I want to see your kids! Ammon is so cute & talented! I wish we all lived closer!

manhattan crew said...

Jen, you are too much! This post is so adorable. Thank you for spending the time to put it together. I had a GREAT time seeing you guys...even if it was for just one night. Next time will be longer, I promise!!
Hugs and kisses to the kids.

Amms

Jodi Elwell said...

I would have to second Karina's post! Wow!

Rebecca Pierce said...

I don't know how I missed this post! What a fun visit, so he didn't want to work when he was at your house? I would have wanted a cut! :)