Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Magleby's Fresh Buttermilk Syrup Recipe

While we were in Utah, my amazing cook of a mother-in-law fixed us the best french toast ever (recipe coming later)with my most favorite syrup of all time: Magleby's Fresh Buttermilk Syrup. (For those of you not familiar with the restaurant Magleby's Fresh based out of Utah, it is a popular place, especially come breakfast time.) Jacob and KK even helped make the syrup. Ever since arriving home, Jacob has begged me to make that syrup. So, I did some Googling and came up with a copycat recipe. I'm not sure if it is the exact same version as my mother-in-laws, but it is still good.



Recipe Category: Sauces & Condiments

Ingredients:
1 cube butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. corn syrup
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Directions: Bring first five ingredients to a boil. Add baking soda. Boil 10 seconds and remove from heat immediately to avoid boil over.

NOTE: This is the most delicious syrup recipe ever. Serve it over pancakes, waffles, crepes and even ice cream!

3 comments:

Lynlee Price said...

How happy am I to have this recipe??? So happy!!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness!! i am so happy i found this! thanks!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness!! i am so happy i found this! thanks!