Monday, July 28, 2008

Landon: Feasting on the Scriptures, Literally



Our 7 1/2 month old Landon, has taken "feasting on the scriptures" to a whole new level. Today, I put him on the floor for a few minutes while I was in the adjoining room putting away some groceries. I felt pretty safe about the wide open space in which I had left him because he isn't quite crawling yet (although he can certainly move across the floor in his own way--mostly a combination of rolling and scooting). I was startled when I heard what sounded like the ripping of paper. I was even more shocked when I ran into the room to find that he had moved clear across the floor to where my scriptures were resting and had torn a page out of Genesis and was literally eating the page. After catching a few quick pictures, I tried to salvage the page. Landon was not happy. Unfortunately, his little "feast" took a chunk out of the story of Joseph and the coat of many colors. In a few years, we'll teach him the real way to feast on the words of God.





4 comments:

Bakers said...

why do babies always like the paper? I will have 5-6 toys on the ground for Bo to play with and he goes to the one speck of paper to put it in his mouth. GRRR. That is too funny though.

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

He is SOOO CUTE!

Cim Carver said...

That is so cool! Maybe I can do that type of scripture study with my kids...the "reading" kind isn't nearly as fun!

Jessica said...

That is so funny Jen! I can tell he is going to be very spiritual!